You probably just have finished my first post about creating a blog, if not you can read it HERE.
Ok, you decided to establish a blog. What’s next? You can write about anything you want, just to share your knowledge and opinions on the specific topic or you want to earn some extra money from doing so.
If you wish to make money from your blog – affiliate marketing is something that you are looking for.
The vast amount of information you can, of course, find on Wikipedia.
I will try to do knowledge pill if you don’t like to read a lot.
How affiliate marketing works? What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing – in simple words. Let’s start with an example: You want to buy a new headset to play computer games with a budget of 100$. You search in Google: “Best headset for PC gaming in 2016 100$”. There is plenty of websites with reviews of different headphones and prices. You go into one of them; you read that XYZ is the best price-quality in the range of 80-120$, after that you click “buy.”It moves you to Amazon/EBay where you can order it. You pay 100$ and in next few days, you have it at your front door. So how this affiliate marketing works then? A person who runs the site with reviews has affiliate account on Amazon/EBay, whenever someone buys a headset from their link, they got a 4%-10% commission. In other words: You create a website where you recommend a product, someone buys it using your link, and you get money because of it.
You may think that Affiliate marketing is not ethical. You are partially right. Why? Because some people will only recommend most expensive products which they haven’t even used to get as high commissions as possible. Everything depends on you and how you feel about it. Are you able to lie to sell more products just to get extra few bucks?In 2008 when affiliate marketing was getting more familiar, a lot of marketers did shady mumbo-jumbo to earn as much as possible, but now it’s under control via Google Penguin and Panda. Of course, you can still find scams, lies, and cheaters, but we can’t do anything about it. On this blog I will recommend only the products I am using, just to be sure to provide you with the best quality-price.
Is Affiliate Marketing Easy money for everyone?
It is not that easy as you think or it sounds. Why? Because you need to include few factors which are essential to be successful:
- Viral traffic (people who visit your site);
- Finding good products to recommend; you can promote low-quality products and get few sales, but in a long term people will leave you;
- Trust – your readers need to know that you are not selling them s…;
- Writing skills – having a good sale page gives you higher chance to sell;
You need to remember that you can’t be too pushy when promoting your products – you are going to lose your readers and hurt your name/brand/reputation.
Probably you are wondering how can you add value to products you potentially can promote:
- Review – Honest one! How many things did you buy from Amazon because you read that product X is excellent?
- Tutorial – People like to read or watch how to use something. Create a video or guide.
- Price Comparison – everyone likes to save some extra money. Show that cheaper program is better.
- News – something new on a market? Write about it! Just don’t copy – paste from a producer website.
FAQ for Affiliate Marketing:
- Do I have to deliver the product to a customer? No. You just give a link to a website where the customer can buy it. After shopping producer is taking care of him.
- Do I need to own product to sell it? No, but it would be a good thing to test it before the promotion.
- How big is the commission? It depends on an affiliate program. From 1%-10% for products to 50-75% for courses, books, and training.
- Has every company affiliate program? No. Before you promote something, Google first: “X + affiliate program”.
- How to become an affiliate? Go to a website you want to promote and register an account as one.
- How often do I get paid? It depends on a program. Mostly on 1st or 15th day of the month.
- Do I need to pay tax? Probably yes, you need to consult an accountant in your country.
- How to manage my account? The right thing is to register to one of these three: ShareASale, Linkshare or CJ Affiliate. When you have an account, you can apply for an affiliate program to one of the websites. It’s good to use it because when you have 3-5-10 affiliate programs they send you one invoice instead of 10.
Do you want to learn more about Affiliate marketing? Read my review of an amazing University that will provide you everything you need.
If you want to add something or still have a question, please leave a comment.
If you have a topic you want me to write about, let me know.
To Do List
Answer the question: “Do you think that affiliate marketing is something for you? Do you want to help people find the best product on the market?”
If you say yes, check Wealthy Affiliate Review – University that will help you in every step to work online.