At the end of December, I heard about Traffic Monsoon, from a friend of a friend. Super easy to use, extra money to earn, no risk, etc. Sound fishy, right?
I did my digging. I found out about HYIP programs.
What is HYIP?
The abbreviation means High Yield Investment Program. It means lucrative investment program which invests investors’ money into stock exchange forex, betting operators, binary options, revenue-shares which should bring extraordinary profit.
Why “should”? Because only small part of all those programs try to invest your money. Most of them work on a pyramid scheme (Ponzi scheme). New people who invest their money are paying the previous (earlier) members profits. The typical period of HYIP investment is between 30 and 60 days. It is not a perpetum mobile; it has to end when more money is paid out that paid into the program. At this moment, admin is closing the program and in HYIP environment, it is called SCAM. As those kinds of programs do not have any guaranteed return, people often lose once and for all a lot of money. Some programs are working for few days to a few years. Why there is such a huge difference? A lot of reasons – starting with ROI (return on investment), popularity and finishing on greediness of the admin.
Best HYIP programs are very well prepared. Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between HYIP and normally working company as websites and scripts are high level, they are even registered businesses. In most cases they use “tax paradises” (Panama or Utah in the US) or the UK as you need 15 minutes and fake data to create a company. From time to time they use the real companies without their knowledge after changing the logo and photos. You should be very careful if you want to choose a program to invest your money. Often, in some countries, there are leading promoters, who for additional money represent the “firm”. In most HYIPS you commit your money to people who are anonymous. There is almost no possibility to get your money back.
Why people are investing money in HYIPs?
There are probably three types of people who make this investment:
- Quick in and out – they know about the risk and how quickly admin can close the program. They invest money in few days after the start of the program to get the deposit as soon as possible.
- Promoter – person who spend money in the program, showing screens/movies how much money he is earning, to gather as many people as possible (as they get the commission). Often they say nothing about the risk or how those programs work. They build the sect around themselves, and everyone who is not doing the same thing is stupid or wrong. Try to avoid them!
- Ignorant/”Stag” – he has no idea about the risk, he invest money only based on one comment or website, no due diligence, often he recommend the program to his close friends and families. In most cases it’s impossible to convince them that program is a Ponzi, they take loans and lose tons of money.
Do you risk in investing in HYIP? Is HYIP risky?
As the name suggests the risk is very high. It’s good to know the level of the risk before you invest some of your money. It is not that hard to create a new program. You just need a script, domain, hosting and you can call yourself admin – it’s just a few hundred bucks. As you can see online, cheaters have a good field to abuse recklessness of people. It’s not like that they are not paying. In the beginning, they pay to every member just to encourage to invest more and attract more new investors. They want to get their cash back that was put into the program and earn some extra. If you decide to go into details, you need to have an approach that every program is a Ponzi. If you see yourself in this role, you need to work on an effective strategy to always find programs which will pay for a long time.
The loss is the part of investment in programs like that. Experienced players lose their money from time to time, as even they sometimes have problems to establish if the business is good or not. Often well-known admin can indicate the long-term life of the program. It’s not that easy to earn more than lose.
How much can I lose/earn in HYIP?
Profits and loss are limited only by the lifespan of the program. As it can “die” at every moment, it’s hard to estimate how much money you can gain or lose. You can lose everything, part of it, “0” – you pay out as much as you deposited, multiple the deposit. If we talk about pyramid scheme – here, in most cases only small part of people have a profit – they were first in the program. If we have experienced admin excellent, as the correct development plan can give few months of life. When everything looks legit, admin still needs to “fight” with hackers, proper cash flows, payment systems.
There are several rules you should follow if you want to invest money – HYIP Guide:
- Diversification – NEVER invest all your money into one small program, no matter how good it looks like. When you lose money in one, second will help to level out the profits.
- NEVER invest more than you can lose. Forget about every loan you want to take (or promoter encourages you to get). You should fight with your gambler ego. When you start to sell stuff from your apartment or house, you have to stop!
- Don’t invest money in programs you get in spam emails. Don’t click any links inside! Check the program on Money Maker Group forum, polish HYIP forum or HYIP monitors like money-monitor (you can find more in Google).
- The higher ROI, the greater
- Try to get your deposit out as soon as possible. Don’t reinvest 100% of the profit.
- Don’t be a passive Try to get more people into the program – be trustworthy, create a website, write about what you are doing, share your knowledge and experience. Don’t lie just to get more people.
- Don’t use programs on free hosting – as they can be blocked very easily.
- Don’t trust all hyip monitors and comments on Facebook/forums. Some control pages are run by HYIP admins.
- Uncle Google is your best friend here. Google the program with the “name + scam” and check what people are writing.
- One opinion = useless opinion. Search, dig, try to find as much as possible. It’s your money.
What should you check?
- Use a whois.com and check who registered the site, where and when.
- Do they have the address? Use Google Maps and check where is it. It doesn’t exist, or it is a skyscraper? Call to the building and ask about the company.
- Certificate – you can buy some of them for 15 British Pounds on https://companieshouse.gov.uk/
- Who is behind the site – Google everyone you know, who possibly run the program. In most cases you are not going to find anything about them and company. Even when they have pictures, often they are stolen from models or regular people’s Facebook or Google+.
- Is site admins using broken English? Probably Russian program.
Before you start to invest money in HYIP you need to create an account on a payment processor (most popular right now: PerfectMoney, SolidTrustPay, Payeer, Payza, Paypal, Skrill), you can find more here: Payment Processors. After spending money on new account from your bank, you can log in into one of the programs and buy investment plan.
What is important – always read FAQ and rules. You should know: minimum withdrawal, commissions, fees, do you get your deposit back after the plan.
Did I miss something? Let me know in a comment section and I will update it.